|Product||Tanzania Safari Review|
|REI Membership Price||10% Discount per Person|
|Where to Buy||REI Adventures|
|Date Available:||February- December|
|My Rating:||9.0 out of 10|
Tanzania Classic Safari – Overview
Get ready for one of the best safari experiences on the African continent! Your trip spans over nine days. You arrive at the Kilimanjaro International Airport and then transfer to the city of Arusha where the adventure begins!
During your safari adventure, you will visit 4 National Parks and enjoy wildlife viewing by going on game drives.
Here are the highlights of your safari adventure in Tanzania:
- Visit the Tarangire Park, renowned for harboring herds of elephants and also the tree-climbing lions. Moreover, wildlife viewing also includes wildebeests, gazelles, and buffalos to name a few.
- Next stop, visit Lake Manyara and the Great Rift Valley, notorious for their abundant birdlife. In fact, more than 350 species of birds can be found in Lake Manyara Park and the Great Rift Valley area. An ideal destination for bird lovers and you should keep your eyes peeled for the great Kori Bustard the heaviest bird able to fly.
- Start the second half of your safari vacation with game drives into the picturesque Ngorongoro Crater, which harbors a wide variety of wildlife including the giraffes, cheetahs, lions, the hippopotamuses, and if you are lucky, you might catch a glimpse of the black rhinoceros!
- End your adventure by exploring the Serengeti National Park, famed for the Great Migration where more than 2 million mammals travel from the Serengeti Park toward the Masai Mara Reserve in Kenya.
- Finally, fly back to Arusha city, and off you go to the Kilimanjaro International Airport.
The Tanzania classic safari is for everyone who is in good health. No need to get fit by joining a 6-month training program or being a professional athlete to enjoy your safari vacation fully. All that is required is to have the soul of an adventurer!
However, the Tanzania safari adventure is not for you, if you are seeking an adventure punctuated by adrenaline rushes with physical challenges or loads of outdoor activities, like instance, hiking, walking, canoeing, bungee jumping, and so forth.
The Extras to Consider…
- Private safari vehicles with a window seat, park fees, professional guides, airfare from the Serengeti Park to Arusha city on the last day of the trip, accommodations, and meals.
What is NOT included?
- Round-trip airfare to get to Arusha city, travel insurance, and any excess charges such as extra luggage, alcoholic beverages, souvenirs, and gratuities.
- Holiday Supplement: If you go during the Christmas holidays there will be a supplement of $550 US.
- Single Supplement: If you travel alone and don’t want to share your room with a same-gender roommate, a fee of $1,299 US will apply. However, this fee is waived if REI Adventures are unable to match you with a same-gender roommate, or if you decide to share your room with someone (same-gender).
Save a Bundle for Your Safari Adventure!
REI Adventures offer a membership for their website, which is a one-time payment of $20 US!
By being a member, you will save up to $600 US per person, which pays for the cost of the membership price many times over!
Sit Back, Relax, and Enjoy the Ride!
- No Planning Required on your Part: REI Adventures take care of planning everything for you (accommodations, game drives, meals, and so on). You will not have to lift a finger!
- Top-Notch Accommodations: Spend your nights in comfortable safari lodges and deluxe camps, which provide all the amenities.
- Professional Guides: The outcome of your safari adventure is highly dependent on your safari guide. To enhance your safari experience, you need to find a guide very knowledgeable about the wildlife present within the visited area. I firmly believe safari adventures constitute excellent educational tools about the wildlife, and fortunately, REI Adventures agree with me by providing the best safari guides!
Tanzania Safari Is an Absolute Must!
I am an avid traveler who likes to discover and learn along the way while traveling.
The Tanzania Classic Safari offers panoramic views of the Ngorongoro Crater and the Serengeti National Park with many close encounters with African wildlife.
This Tanzanian safari will exceed all expectations you may have about safaris and truly constitutes the experience of a lifetime!
The Tanzania Classic Safari is a sound investment with a high return. Even more so, if you subscribe to REI membership because by paying a one-time charge of $20 US, you will save up to 10% per person on your trip!
14 thoughts on “Tanzania Safari Review — A Classic African Adventure”
I’ve always wanted to go on an African safari, but where do you start? This is a great place to begin planning. It explains in great detail about where you’d be going and what you’d be doing and seeing. It’s explained about what’s included and what’s not. This is great because the adventures are totally taken care of and planned for you. There’s so much I want to experience from a trip like this.
You are absolutely right, you just have to enjoy your Tanzanian safari! Thanks,
This Tanzanian safari looks like it would be the adventure of a lifetime. I’d love to do something like this and take photos of all the amazing wildlife and scenery.
The package you suggest to explore Tanzania sounds like an awesome deal, and best of all they organize everything for you.
I’ll have to check out what other adventures to recommend on your site.
Tanzania is the ideal destination for a first-time safari adventure. Which places do you intend to visit?
I personally think that the best time to go to Tanzania is during the Wildebeest migration, especially if you like taking pictures. You will get incredible photos, guarantee!
This would be just an amazing trip!, Meet new people, see beautiful native sights of Africa and, more importantly, the wildlife! I’ve been pondering what it would be like to take a safari travel trip. This has just made this something that I have to do! The REI Membership deal is quite good too.
Thanks for this information, I can’t seem to concentrate now, just daydreaming of myself out on a safari adventure!
You should put an African Safari on your bucket list and save up for it!
One of the good things about the REI Membership is that you not only save money on safari packages but also when you buy any equipment at REI Adventures!
Great article on Tanzania Safari Review, it has always been one of my dreams to take a safari in the depths of Africa, after reading your article it is now more and more swaying me to make a vacation down to that part of the world very soon. Great review and great article. Regards, Michael
Tanzania is often the most sought-after destination for first-time safari-goers. Therefore, in my Tanzania safari review, I have depicted a safari package that is an excellent introduction to safaris on the Dark Continent.
You should definitely add a Tanzania safari to your bucket list!
Hi Sonia, this site is so great that I do not know what to read first. This Tanzania safari text is great. I see that you cover several interesting countries on your site. Amazing stuff. I have been dreaming about Kili since I first heard about it. I wonder if you have climbed it or some good info about it. Many thanks. Jovo
I haven’t climbed Mount Kilimanjaro yet, but this is on my to-do list, so I hope I get the opportunity one day. To learn more about Mount Kilimanjaro, I suggest that you read my post about the various climbing routes of Mount Kilimanjaro.
I might try the Northern Circuit route.
Thanks for stopping by!
OMG, this is one of my dream trips!!! What an experience it would be. For me, it’s still pricey, but if I had money to splurge this would be it. It’s nice that you told us about the savings with the REI membership. You’re right, it’s totally worth it.
I hope you get to realize your dream one day! Africa is worth exploring! There are other destinations, which are less expensive, and also worthwhile.
Thanks so much for the info on the REI membership! Seems well worth the price!
You’re welcome, Bryan. Hopes this helps! The REI membership offers many opportunities for savings not only on trips but everything you buy on REI websites (Clothing, Gears, etc.). There is also a dividend program. You Should check it out!