Product: Tanzania Safari Review
Where to buy: REI Adventures
Total Days: 9 Days
Dates: February- December
REI Membership: 10% Discount per Person
Rating: 9.0 out of 10
Tanzania Classic Safari – Overview
Get ready for one of the best safari experiences on the African continent! Your trip spans over nine days. You arrive at the Kilimanjaro International Airport and then transfer to the city of Arusha where the adventure begins!
During your safari adventure, you will visit 4 National Parks and enjoy wildlife viewing by going on game drives.
Here are the highlights of your safari adventure in Tanzania:
- Visit the Tarangire Park, renowned for harboring herds of elephants and also the tree-climbing lions. Moreover, wildlife viewing also includes the wildebeests, the gazelles, and the buffalos to name a few.
- Next stop, visit the Lake Manyara and the Great Rift Valley, notorious for their abundant birdlife. In fact, more than 350 species of birds can be found in the Lake Manyara Park and the Great Rift Valley area. An ideal destination for bird lovers and you should keep your eyes peeled for the great Kori Bustard the heaviest bird able to fly.
- Start the second half of your safari vacation with game drives into the picturesque Ngorongoro Crater, which harbors a wide variety of wildlife including the giraffes, the cheetahs, the lions, the hippopotamuses and if you are lucky, you might catch a glimpse of the black rhinoceros!
- End your adventure by exploring the Serengeti National Park, famed for the Great Migration where more than 2 million mammals travel from the Serengeti Park toward the Masai Mara Reserve in Kenya.
- Finally, fly back to Arusha city and off you go to the Kilimanjaro International Airport.
The Tanzania classic safari is for everyone who is in good health. No need to get fit by joining a 6-month training program or be a professional athlete to enjoy your safari vacation fully. All that is required is to have the soul of an adventurer!
However, the Tanzania safari adventure is not for you, if you are seeking an adventure punctuated by adrenaline rushes with physical challenges or loads of outdoor activities, like for instance, hiking, walking, canoeing, bungee jumping, and so forth.
The Extras to Consider…
- Private safari vehicles with a window seat, park fees, professional guides, airfare from the Serengeti Park to Arusha city on the last day of the trip, accommodations, and meals.
What is NOT included?
- Round-trip airfare to get to Arusha city, travel insurance, and any excess charges such as extra luggage, alcoholic beverages, souvenirs, and gratuities.
- Holiday Supplement: If you go during the Christmas holidays there will be a supplement of $550 US.
- Single Supplement: If you travel alone and don’t want to share your room with a same-gender roommate, a fee of $1,299 US will apply. However, this fee is waived if REI Adventures are unable to match you with a same-gender roommate, or if you decide to share your room with someone (same-gender).
Save a Bundle for Your Safari Adventure!
REI Adventures offer a membership for their website, which is a one-time payment of $20 US!
By being a member, you will save up to $600 US per person, which pays for the cost of the membership price many times over!
Sit Back, Relax, and Enjoy the Ride!
- No Planning Required on your Part: REI Adventures take care of planning everything for you (accommodations, game drives, meals, and so on). You will not have to lift a finger!
- Top-Notch Accommodations: Spend your nights in comfortable safari lodges and deluxe camps, which provide all the amenities.
- Professional Guides: The outcome of your safari adventure is highly dependent on your safari guide. To enhance your safari experience, you need to find a guide very knowledgeable about the wildlife present within the visited area. I firmly believe safari adventures constitute excellent educational tools about the wildlife, and fortunately, REI Adventures agree with me by providing the best safari guides!
Tanzania Safari Is an Absolute Must!
I am an avid traveler who likes to discover and learn along the way while traveling.
The Tanzania Classic Safari offers panoramic views of the Ngorongoro Crater and the Serengeti National Park with many close encounters with African wildlife.
This Tanzanian safari will exceed all expectations you may have about safaris and truly constitutes the experience of a lifetime!
The Tanzania Classic Safari is a sound investment with a high return. Even more so, if you subscribe to REI membership because by paying a one-time charge of $20 US, you will save up to 10% per person on your trip!
Click here to book the Tanzania Classic Safari from REI Adventures and let the adventure begin!